“Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” -Bethany Hamilton, female surfer

For the last year and a half we have programmed the room about 80% of the time. The remaining 20%, we have dropped direct CrossFit mainsite favorites such as the girl and hero workouts as well as other popular WODs like FGB and Filthy Fifty. For the whole month of September, we are going 100% CrossFit mainsite “Workout of the day”. For the first time, you will be able to “peek” at what is coming up.(www.CrossFit.com drops their workout at about 5pm Hawaii time for the following day)

We made an assumption in the beginning that we are now questioning. That assumption was “our members like the met-con(metabolic conditioning) workouts and would be going next door to Powerhouse Gym if they wanted to do the power days. So for the next three Wednesdays, we are starting the “power” stuff to show you what you have been missing. CrossFit is designed to help you face the unknown and unknowable. Our workout today is deadlift, and although we have done a ton of deadlifts, they are always plopped in the middle of a met-con workout. Even though “Mr. Joshua” is pretty heavy, it is different when you are focusing on one movement. The best analogy I can give is that sometime(unknowable), you may have to push your stalled car all by yourself off to the side of the road. That is much different than running your bicycle up and down the sidewalk 20 times. We want your fitness to prepare you for whatever life may throw your way.

As your gym, we are always wanting to provide the best fitness experience available and request your input and feedback as we implement changes.

Today’s Workout: